Maps Map of Indiana County, Pennsylvania /
Indiana County (Pa.)
- Map of Indiana County, Pennsylvania /
- Contributor Names
- Peelor, David.
- Subject Headings
- - Indiana County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Indiana County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Indiana County
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Indiana
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Blairsville
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Saltsburg
- - Indiana (Pa.)
- - Blairsville (Pa.)
- - Saltsburg (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Indiana County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Blairsville
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Saltsburg
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders names; borough insets show residential lots and building coverage.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries.
- - "Entered according to the Act of Congress as of the year of 1856 by Wm. J. Barker in the ... Western district of Pennsylvania."
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Laminated, darkened, missing small sections along sheet edges, the 2 sheets each halved.
- - Includes county statistical table, "Census of 1850" table, indexes of landowners in borough insets, illustrations of prominent buildings, and embellished border (grapevine).
- - Insets: Plan of Indiana borough -- Saltsburg -- Mechanicsburg -- Armagh -- Shalocta -- Smicksburg -- Blairsville.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 756
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 99 x 104 cm, sheets 112 x 68 cm and 112 x 69 cm, folded to 56 x 88 cm and 56 x 69 cm
- Call Number
- G3823.I5 1856 .P4
- G3823.I5 1856 .P4 Copy 2 On 4 sheets, shellacked.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823i la000756 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823i.la000756
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.