Maps McConnell's map of Greene County, Pennsylvania /
- McConnell's map of Greene County, Pennsylvania /
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia: Tuttle & Co., 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Greene County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Greene County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Greene County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Greene County
- - Waynesburg (Pa.)
- - Jefferson (Greene County, Pa.)
- - Carmichaels (Pa.)
- - Greensboro (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Greene County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Waynesburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Jefferson (Greene County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Carmichaels
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Greensboro
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names.
- - Hand col. to distinguish townships and village insets.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1865 by Tuttle & Co. in the ... Eastern District of Penna."
- - LC copies imperfect: Copy 1 halved to enable folding, trimmed; copy 2 fold-lined, torn at edges, section of Waynesburg inset torn away. DLC
- - LC Land ownership maps, 753
- - Includes ill. of J.L. McConnell.
- - Town/village insets (with householders' names): Jefferson, Jefferson Township -- Waynesburg, county town -- Carmichaels, Cumberland Township -- Greensboro, Monongahela Township -- Clarksville, Morgan Township -- Jacksonville, Rich Hill Township -- Morrisville, Franklin Township -- New Town, Whiteley Township -- Mount Morris, Perry Township -- Davis Town, Dunkard Township -- Rice's Landing, Jefferson Township -- Maple Town, Monongahela Township -- Fairview, Dunkard Township -- Garard's Fort, Greene Township.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 61 x 75 cm., folded to 62 x 38 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.G7 1865 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823g la000753 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823g.la000753
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.