Maps Map of Forest County : taken from the original surveys in the commissioners' office of Jefferson County, Pa. /
Gillespie, D. C.
Rease, W. H.
Forest County (Pa.)
Warranty of Title
- Map of Forest County : taken from the original surveys in the commissioners' office of Jefferson County, Pa. /
- Other Title
- Map of Forest County, Pa.
- Contributor Names
- Gillespie, D. C.
- Rease, W. H.
- Created / Published
- Phil'a [Philadelphia] : Lith. by W.H. Rease, [1864 or later]
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Forest County--Maps
- - Forest County (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Forest County
- - County cadastral map showing warranty-deed tracts, tract numbers, tract acreages, warrantees' initials, and irregular real-property tracts.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, cracked, darkened, missing small sections of margin, annotated in blue pencil with dates "Oct/64" and "Oct 17/64", annotated in black-ink script to show local revisions.
- - Includes table of "Explanations" (key to abbreviations of warrantees' names).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 748
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing ; 87 x 67 cm, folded to 51 x 77 cm
- Call Number
- G3823.F6G46 1864 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823f la000748 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823f.la00748
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.