Maps Map of Erie County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
Erie County (Pa.)
- Map of Erie County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Chace, J.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : O. McLeran : Isaac W. Moore, 1855.
- Subject Headings
- - Erie County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Erie County
- - Real property--Erie County
- - Erie (Pa.)
- - Harbors--Pennsylvania--Erie
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Erie
- - Cemeteries--Pennsylvania--Erie
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Erie County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Erie
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; some borough insets also show real-property tracts, tract numbers, and landowners' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries, township territories, and borough/village insets.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, cracked, shellacked, missing small sections of margin, quartered to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 744
- - Includes statistical tables, ill., and advertisement.
- - Insets: Plan of the city and harbor of Erie -- Plan of North East -- Cranesville -- Plan of Federal Hill -- Plan of Fairview -- Wesleyville -- Plan of Waterford -- Plan of Wattsburg -- Beaverdam -- Plan of West Springfield -- Union -- Springfield -- Plan of Lockport -- Plan of Edinboro -- Wellsburg -- Girard -- Plan of Albion -- Plan of West Girard -- McKean Corners -- South East Cemetery -- Plan of Erie Cemetery.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 120 cm., folded to 51 x 72 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.E6 1855 .C4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823e la000744 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823e.la000744
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.