Maps Map of Fayette County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Fayette County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- McLaughlin & Kinter.
- Barker, Wm. J. (William J.) (Surveyor)
- Wm. J. Barker & Co.
- Subject Headings
- - Fayette County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Fayette County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Fayette County--Maps
- - Uniontown (Fayette County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Connellsville (Pa.)--Maps
- - Brownsville (Fayette County, Pa.)--Maps
- - West Brownsville (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Fayette County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Uniontown (Fayette County, Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Connellsville (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Brownsville (Fayette County, Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Brownsville (Pa.)
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; village insets also show householders' names; borough insets show building coverage.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by Wm. J. Barker in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined, still later sectioned to 6 sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, trimmed.
- - Includes population tables, key to abbreviations, directories of map subscribers, and embellished border.
- - Insets: Uniontown -- Bridgeporte [now West Brownsville], Brownsville -- Cookstown -- New Geneva -- Perryopolis -- Connellsville, New Haven -- Smithfield -- Monroe -- Masontown -- Bellvernon.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 747
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 88 x 130 cm, sheets 50 x 50 cm or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.F3 1858 .M3
- G3823.F3 1858 .M3 Copy 2 Not colored, not shellacked, not trimmed, on 3 sheets (1 of which is mounted on cloth backing/folded, 2 of which are mounted back-to-back as if single sheet).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.