Maps Map of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
Buildings, Structures, Etc
Cities and Towns
Dauphin County (Pa.)
Middletown (Dauphin County, Pa.)
- Map of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Southwick, J.
- Subject Headings
- - Dauphin County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County
- - Harrisburg (Pa.)
- - Harrisburg (Pa.)--Buildings, structures, etc
- - Middletown (Dauphin County, Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Dauphin County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Harrisburg (Pa.)
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders' names; the Harrisburg/Middletown insets show building coverage but not owners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Printed in western/eastern segments (sheets).
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1858 by Wm. J. Barker in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Both sheets halved to enable folding.
- - Includes county statistical table, "Statistics of 1850" township population table, local business directory (classified), key to abbreviations, and embellished map border (leaves, flowers, tendrils).
- - Borough/village insets: Harrisburg -- Middletown -- Uniontown -- Union Deposite -- Dauphin -- Wiconisco -- Gratz -- Lykinstown -- Berrysburg -- Hummelstown -- Halifax -- Millersburg -- Highspire.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 735
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth backing ; 91 x 141 cm, sheets 105 x 81 cm, folded to 52 x 81 cm
- Call Number
- G3823.D3 1858 .S6
- G3823.D3 1858 .S8 Copy 2 Not on cloth backing, fold-lined, taped at fold lines, annotated in lead-pencil on verso.
- G3823.D3 1858 .S8 Copy 3 Not on cloth backing, fold-lined, taped at fold lines, annotated in lead-pencil on verso.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823d la000735 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823d.la000735
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.