Map of Franklin County, Pennsylvania : from actual survey /
Davison, D. H.
Cities and Towns
Franklin County (Pa.)
- Map of Franklin County, Pennsylvania : from actual survey /
- Contributor Names
- Davison, D. H.
- Subject Headings
- - Franklin County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Franklin County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Franklin County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Franklin County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Greencastle
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Mercersburg
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Waynesboro
- - Chambersburg (Pa.)
- - Greencastle (Pa.)
- - Mercersburg (Pa.)
- - Waynesboro (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Franklin County.
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chambersburg (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Mercersburg (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Waynesboro (Pa.)
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders' names; borough insets show buildings and occupants' names; Chambersburg inset shows only buildings.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by Riley & Hoffman in the year 1858 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Not "varnished", Copyright Office adhesive registration-number label affixed, both sheets thirded to enable folding. DLC
- - Includes county statistical table, "Census of 1850" agricultural data table, Chambersburg directory of "Attorneys at law", key to abbreviations, and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Borough/village insets: Chambersburg -- St. Thomas -- Strasburg -- Altodale -- Fannetsburg -- Orr's Town -- Greencastle -- Marion -- Waynesboro -- Fayetteville -- Roxbury -- New Franklin -- Greenvillage -- Quincy -- Middleburg -- Loudon -- Mercersburg.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 751
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map On 2 Sheets ; 132 X 141 Cm, Sheets 73 X 150 CM and 78 X 150 Cm, Folded to 73 X 50 CM and 78 X 50 CM
- Call Number
- G3823.F7 1858 .D3
- Copy 2 laminated, fold-lined; Copy 3 on 6 sheets, hand colored, shellacked, darkened.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823f la000751a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823f.la000751a
- g3823f la000751c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823f.la000751c
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.