Maps Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
Aschbach, G. A.
Cities and Towns
Lehigh County (Pa.)
- Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Aschbach, G. A.
- Created / Published
- [Allentown] : G.A. Aschbach, 1865
- Subject Headings
- - Lehigh County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- - Allentown (Pa.)
- - Bethlehem (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allentown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem
- - Former wall map showing buildings and householders' names in rural areas. Does not show property lines.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by G.A. Aschbach in the year 1862 in ... the eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Hand col. to emphasize minor civil divisions (townships and boroughs).
- - Printed in northern/southern segments (sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Laminated, darkened, mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into numerous panels to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 767
- - Includes text (historical), notes, statistical table, distance table, 23 village/town insets (including Allentown and Bethlehem), ill. of buildings, low-angle views of towns/industries, and advertisements.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col. ; 115 x 145 cm., sheets 62 x 178 cm. and 90 x 178 cm., folded to 90 x 60 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.L6 1865 .A8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823l la000767 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823l.la000767
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.