Maps Map of Somerset County /
Somerset County (Pa.)
- Map of Somerset County /
- Contributor Names
- Wells, John (Surveyor)
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : H.S. Tanner, 1830.
- Subject Headings
- - Somerset County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Somerset County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Somerset County--Maps
- - Somerset (Pa.)--Maps
- - Berlin (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Somerset County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Somerset
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Berlin
- - General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas, householders' names in rural areas, and selected property boundaries with owners' names in 2 townships.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - Sheet originally folded to 12 x 8 cm. (before application of cloth backing).
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, slightly soiled, trimmed at margins.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 795
- - Includes notes, statistical table, inset of borough of Somerset, and inset of village of Berlin.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 41 x 50 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.S6 1830 .W4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823s la000795 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823s.la000795
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.