Maps Map of Susquehanna Co., Pennsylvania : from actual survey /
- Map of Susquehanna Co., Pennsylvania : from actual survey /
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Lee & Marsh.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Lee & Marsh Publishers, 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Susquehanna County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Montrose (Susquehanna County)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Montrose (Susquehanna County)--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna--Maps
- - Montrose (Susquehanna County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Susquehanna (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Montrose (Susquehanna County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Susquehanna
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; the Montrose and Susquehanna Depot insets show real-property tracts (lots), lot numbers, building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township boundaries and borough areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1857 by Robert P. Smith in the ... Eastern District of Penn'a."
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, sectioned to 8 sheets, copyright number adhesive label affixed to recto of sheet 1.
- - Includes table of "Statistics of 1850", local business directories, population table, 19 borough/village insets, illustrations of buildings/bridges, and embellished (foliate) border.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 799
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand colored ; 132 x 137 cm, sheets 36 x 74 cm or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.S8 1858 .H6
- G3823.S8 1858 .H6 Copy 2 Printed on 6 sheets, brittle, shellacked, mounted on cloth backing, cloth hemmed at outer edges.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.