Maps Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
- Map of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania : from original surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Aschbach, G. A.
- Created / Published
- [Allentown] : G.A. Aschbach C.E., 1862
- Subject Headings
- - Lehigh County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Allentown--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Catasauqua--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Hokendauqua--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Slatington--Maps
- - Allentown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Bethlehem (Pa.)--Maps
- - Catasauqua (Pa.)--Maps
- - Hokendauqua (Pa.)--Maps
- - Slatington (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lehigh County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Allentown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bethlehem
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Catasauqua
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Hokendauqua
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Slatington
- - General-content county map also showing buildings in rural areas and householders' names; some insets also show relief with contours, real-property tracts, landowners' names, and building coverage.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Differs from other 1862 ed. in not having a low-angle view of Allentown at the bottom margin.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by G.A. Aschenbach in the year 1962 in ... the eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copies imperfect: Copy 1 rubber-stamped, annotated in black ink/blue pencil/lead pencil; copy 2 brittle, missing small edge sections, rubber-stamped, annotated in blue pencil, adhesive labels affixed.
- - Includes text (historical), notes, table of road distances, statistical table (1860 census), and ill. of industrial plants, business enterprises, and selected residences.
- - Borough and village insets (titles abbreviated): Borough of Allentown -- Millerstown -- Emaus [sic] -- Fogelsville -- New Texas -- Steinsville -- Germansville P.O. -- Borough of Catasauqua -- Lehigh Valley Iron Works and Copley Station -- Saegersville -- Guthsville -- Schnecksville P.O. -- Ironton & vicinity -- Trexlertown -- Orefield and the Orefield mines -- Slatedale P.O. late Labarsville -- Hokendauqua -- Slatington and the adjacent slate quarries -- Siegersville P.O. -- Coopersburg -- Friedensville and the zinc mines -- Bethlehem and vicinity -- Centre Valley.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : cloth backing ; 114 x 145 cm., sheets 76 x 177 cm. and 77 x 177 cm., folded to 77 x 45 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3823.L6 1862 .A8
- G3823.L6 1862 .A8 Copy 2 On 5 sheets, hand colored, some sheets encapsulated.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823l la002081 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823l.la002081
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.