Maps Map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
Lancaster County (Pa.)
- Map of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- Created / Published
- [Lancaster? : s.n.], 1851.
- Subject Headings
- - Lancaster County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/city/borough boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: Washington (D.C.).
- - There is no statement of attribution.
- - Present exemplar printed in western/eastern segments.
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets.
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, cracked, brittle, darkened, sheet margins trimmed off.
- - Includes county statistical table, table of post-office names, and ill of prominent buildings.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 762
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 102 x 116 cm., sheets 103 x 58 cm. and 104 x 59 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.L3 1851 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823l la000762 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823l.la000762
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.