Maps Map of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Hopkins, Griffith Morgan, Jr.
- Cleaver, Kimber.
- Ammerman, R. A.
- Cummings, J. A. J.
- Smith, John L., 1846-
- Created / Published
- Montandon, Pa. : J.A.J. Cummings, 1874.
- Subject Headings
- - Northumberland County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County--Maps
- - Anthracite coal mines and mining--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Sunbury--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Milton--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Northumberland--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Shamokin--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Trevorton--Maps
- - Sunbury (Pa.)--Maps
- - Milton (Pa.)--Maps
- - Northumberland ( Pa.)--Maps
- - Shamokin (Pa.)--Maps
- - Trevorton (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Northumberland County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Sunbury
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Milton
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Northumberland
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Shamokin
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Trevorton
- Cadastral maps
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; real-property tracts and owners' names shown in anthracite mining areas; real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and owners' names shown in borough insets (including Sunbury, Milton, Northampton, Shamokin, and Trevorton).
- - Hand col. to emphasize township/borough boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1874 by J.A.J. Cummings in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, cracked, darkened.
- - Includes notes, county statistical table, local business directories, ill. of priminent buildings/collieries, advertisement for "J.L. Smith, map publisher & manufacturer ... Philadelphia", and 13 insets of boroughs/villages.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 781
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 186 x 167 cm., sheets 87 x 58 cm. and 87 x 57 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.N7 1874 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.