A map of the county of Pike, Pennsylvania : shewing the location and form of the original surveys with the numbers by which they are designated on the commissioner's books of said county : also the townships, streams, roads, plank roads, railroads, canals, and principal places /
Cross, John T.
Pike County (Pa.)
Warranty of Title
- A map of the county of Pike, Pennsylvania : shewing the location and form of the original surveys with the numbers by which they are designated on the commissioner's books of said county : also the townships, streams, roads, plank roads, railroads, canals, and principal places /
- Contributor Names
- Cross, John T., 19th cent.
- Created Published
- N.Y. [New York] : Charles Vinten Lithog., 
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Pike County
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Pike County
- - Warranty of title--Pennsylvania--Pike County
- - Pike County (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pike County.
- - Shows warrant-deed survey areas (numbered).
- - Hand col. with area tints to show township territories.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Prime meridian: "Meridian of Philadelphia".
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress the 13th day of june 1856 by John T. Cross of the State of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Halved to enable folding, annotated in black ink "1856" at bottom below author's name, sun-darkened. DLC
- - LC Land ownership maps, 785
- - Accompanied by index booklet in paperboard cover: An index to the map of the county of Pike, Pennsylvania : containing the names of the original warrantees ... and explanatory remarks / by John T. Cross. New York : printed by Charles Vinten ... 1856. 36 p. : 20 cm.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 Map : Hand Col., Cloth Backing ; 63 X 52 Cm., Folded to 34 X 55 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.P5G46 1856 .C7
- Copy 2 hand col. to emphasize township boundaries (not areal extent), not sun-darkened, not halved.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823p la000785 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823p.la000785
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.