Maps [Map of Tioga County, Pennsylvania].
Tioga County (Pa.)
- [Map of Tioga County, Pennsylvania].
- Created / Published
- [New York? : s.n., 1862?]
- Subject Headings
- - Tioga County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Tioga County--Maps
- - Iron ores--Pennsylvania--Tioga County--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Tioga County
- - General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas and householders' names.
- - Hand col. to show township/borough boundaries and territories.
- - Title devised by cataloguer.
- - LC copy imperfect: Use-worn, shellacked, sectioned to 9 panels to enable folding, torn at fold lines, outer portions of original sheet trimmed off (title, tables, directories, statement of attribution, insets?), extensively annotated in black ink handwriting to give map scale/additional place-names/iron-ore deposit sites, extensively annotated in red/green pencils to show unidentified (glacial?) areas.
- - Includes portion of "Lawrenceville" business directory and portion of table of "Population of Tioga Co. from the census of 1860".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 100 x 118 cm., sheets 34 x 118 cm. and 66 x 118 cm., folded to 34 x 39 cm. and 34 x 40 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.T5 1862 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823t la002077 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823t.la002077
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.