Maps Topographical map of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Topographical map of Lycoming County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Walling, Henry Francis, 1825-1888.
- Tilden, S. D. (Samuel D.)
- H.F. Walling's Map Establishment.
- Created / Published
- New York : S.D. Tilden, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Lycoming County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lycoming County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Lycoming County--Maps
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Lycoming County--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Williamsport--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Jersey Shore--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Williamsport--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Jersey Shore--Maps
- - Williamsport (Pa.)--Maps
- - Jersey Shore (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lycoming County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Williamsport
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Jersey Shore
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings and householders' names; town/village insets also show buildings and occupants' names; Williamsport and Jersey Shore insets also show real-property tracts, building coverage, and owners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC sheets imperfect: Brittle, cracked, annotated in black/blue inks, cloth backing water-stained, hemmed at edges, cloth backing annotated in gray watercolor: Lycoming Co. Pa.
- - Includes business directories, road distance table, table of "Population from the census of 1860", and ill. of prominent buildings/industries.
- - Town and village insets (with township name qualifiers): Williamsport -- Port Penn, Muncy -- Jersey Shore -- Lairdsville (Franklin) -- Elimsport (Washington) -- Pennsville (Muncy) -- Uniontown (Brady) -- Newberry (Old Lycoming) -- Rocktown (Armstrong) -- Warrensville (Eldred) -- Clarksville (Muncy Creek) -- Linden (Woodward) -- Clinton Mills -- Collinsville (Limestone) -- Saladasburg (Mifflin) -- Jamestown (Limestone) -- Tivoliville (Shrewsbury) -- English Center (Pine Township) -- Hepburn -- Borough of Hughesville (Wolf Tp.) -- Montoursville (Fairfield).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 769
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 123 x 151 cm., sheets 64 x 52 cm. and 64 x 51 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.L9 1861 .W3
- G3823.L9 1861 .W3 Copy 2 On 8 sheets.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.