Maps Barker's map of Washington County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Barker's map of Washington County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Other Title
- Map of Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Contributor Names
- Sherman, James M.
- Day, A. R. (Surveyor)
- Barker, Wm. J. (William J.) (Surveyor)
- Wm. Schuchman & Bro. Lith.
- Created / Published
- North Hector, N.Y. : William J. Barker, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Washington County--Maps
- - Washington (Washington County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Monongahela (Pa.)--Maps
- - Coal Center (Pa.)--Maps
- - Claysville (Pa.)--Maps
- - West Alexander (Pa.)--Maps
- - Canonsburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - West Middletown (Pa.)--Maps
- - Cross Creek (Pa.)--Maps
- - California (Washington County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Beallsville (Pa.)--Maps
- - Centerville (Washington County, Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Washington (Washington County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Monongahela
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Coal Center
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Claysville
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Alexander
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Canonsburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--West Middletown
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Cross Creek
- - United States--Pennsylvania--California (Washington County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Beallsville
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Centerville (Washington County)
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings with householders' names; householders' names also given in the village/borough/city insets.
- - Hand col. to distinguish townships.
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets (east/west, later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, brittle, quartered.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 [sic] by William J. Barker in the ... Western District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 816
- - Includes table of business "Statistics of 1850", census statistical table, index of Washington City householders' names, key to abbreviations, ill. of prominent buildings, and embellished border.
- - Street-map insets: Plan of Washington [city] -- Plan of Monongahela City -- Greenfield -- Claysville -- West Alexander -- Canonsburg -- West Middletown -- Cross Creek Village -- California -- Beallsville -- Centreville.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 4 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 95 x 102 cm., sheets 54 x 68 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.W3 1856 .S4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.