Maps Map of Washington Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Washington Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Beers, S. N.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : A. Pomeroy & S.W. Treat : Assistant publishers G.G. Soule & E.H. Quick, 1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - Business enterprises--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - Washington (Washington County, Pa.)
- - Monongahela (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Washington County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Washington (Washington County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Monongahela
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings with householders' names; also shows householders' names in inset street maps.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861 by A. Pomeroy in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylv'a."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined, now sectioned to 6 panels to enable folding, 3 panels for each of the 2 present sheets).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, trimmed, missing small sections of margin, annoted in col./lead pencils.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 817
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes distance table, business directories for most insets, and col. ill.
- - Street-map insets: Washington [city] -- Monongahela City -- Venice -- Fredericktown -- Prosperity -- Candor -- Cross Creek -- Eldersville -- Claysville -- Hickory -- West Alexander -- Florence -- Paris -- Hillsborough -- Amity -- West Brownsville -- Ten Mile Village -- California -- Granville -- Cannonsburg -- Beallsville -- Centreville -- Millsborough -- Taylorstown -- Bentleysville -- Greenfield -- Burgettstown -- West Middletown -- Independence.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 147 x 153 cm., sheets 79 x 156 cm., folded to 79 x 52 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.W3 1861 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823w la000817 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823w.la000817
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.