Maps Map of Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
Lake, D. J.
Cities and Towns
Westmoreland County (Pa.)
- Map of Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Lake, D. J.
- Created / Published
- North Hector, New York : Wm. J. Barker, 1857.
- Subject Headings
- - Westmoreland County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Westmoreland County
- - Cities and towns--Pennsylvania--Westmoreland County
- - Villages--Pennsylvania--Westmoreland County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Greensburg
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Latrobe
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Greensburg
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Latrobe
- - Greensburg (Pa.)
- - Latrobe (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Westmoreland County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Greensburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Latrobe
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names; Greensburg and Latrobe insets also show real-property tracts and building coverage; Latrobe inset additionally shows landowners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township boundaries and territories.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1857 by Wm. J. Barker in ... the Western District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined).
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, darkened, foxed, quartered to enable folding, missing small internal and edge sections. DLC
- - Includes statistical tables (post-offices/population), directories, index of Greensburg landowners, key to abbreviations, and ill. of prominent local buildings.
- - Town and village insets: Greensburg Borough -- Mount Pleasant -- New Alexandria -- Latrobe -- West Newton -- Livermore.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 821
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 112 x 140 cm., folded to 59 x 80 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.W5 1857 .L3
- G3823.W5 1857 .L3 Copy 2 On 6 sheets, shellacked, encapsulated; copy 3 missing western half (2 sheets).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823w la000821 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823w.la000821
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.