Maps Topographical map of Ocean Co., New Jersey : from recent and actual surveys /
Beers, F. W.
Cities and Towns
Ocean County (N.J.)
- Topographical map of Ocean Co., New Jersey : from recent and actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Beers, F. W. (Frederick W.)
- Created / Published
- New York : Beers, Comstock & Cline, 1872.
- Subject Headings
- - Ocean County (N.J.)
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Ocean County
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Toms River
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Lakewood
- - Landowners--New Jersey--Point Pleasant
- - Real property--New Jersey--Toms River
- - Real property--New Jersey--Lakewood
- - Real property--New Jersey--Point Pleasant--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New Jersey--Ocean County
- - Villages--New Jersey--Ocean County
- - United States--New Jersey--Ocean County
- - United States--New Jersey--Toms River
- - United States--New Jersey--Lakewood
- - United States--New Jersey--Point Pleasant
- - General-content county map also showing rural buildings with householders' names. Real property lots/tracts with owners' names are shown in the town/village insets.
- - Hand col. to emphasize township areas and boundaries.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress A.D. 1872 by Beers, Comstock & Cline in the office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, sectioned to 6 segments to enable folding, missing small sections at fold lines. DLC
- - LC Land ownership maps, 461
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes business directories, statistical tables, and 16 insets of towns/villages (including Toms River, Bricksburg (now Lakewood), and Point Pleasant).
- 1 map on 2 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 179 x 129 cm., sheets 183 x 68 cm. and 168 x 70 cm., folded to 62 x 68 cm. and 62 x 70 cm.
- Call Number
- G3813.O2 1872 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3813o la000461 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3813o.la000461
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.