Maps Map of Calhoun County, Michigan /
Bechler & Wenig
Herline & Hensel
- Map of Calhoun County, Michigan /
- Contributor Names
- Bechler & Wenig.
- Herline & Hensel.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia] : Bechler & Wenig, Topographical Engineers, 1858.
- Philadelphia : Herline & Hensel, Lithographers and Printers
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--Michigan--Calhoun County--Maps
- - Real property--Michigan--Calhoun County--Maps
- - United States--Michigan--Calhoun County
- Cadastral maps
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by Geil, Harley & Siverd in the year 1858 in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC Land ownership maps, 323
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes list of references, business directories, distance table, views of public, residential, and commercial buidlings.
- - Insets: Ceresco -- Partello -- Harmonia -- Marengo -- Battle Creek Village -- Homer -- Bellevue, Eaton Co., Mich. -- Albion Village -- Marsha.
- - LC copy imperfect: Mounted on cloth backing, original sheets sectioned into 4 panels to enable folding.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on linen, hand colored ; 144 x 136 cm, sheets 72 x 136 cm, folded to 73 x 70 cm
- Call Number
- G4113.C2G46 1858 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.