Maps Post route map of the territory of Dakota with adjacent parts of Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota, and portions of the Dominion of Canada /
United States. Post Office Department
West North Central States
West North Central States
- Post route map of the territory of Dakota with adjacent parts of Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota, and portions of the Dominion of Canada /
- Contributor Names
- United States. Post Office Department.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Post Office Dept., 1881.
- Subject Headings
- - Postal service--Dakota Territory
- - Postal service--North Dakota
- - Postal service--South Dakota
- - Postal service--Montana
- - Postal service--Wyoming
- - Postal service--West North Central States
- - United States--Dakota Territory
- - United States--North Dakota
- - United States--South Dakota
- - United States--Montana
- - United States--Wyoming
- - United States--West North Central States
- - Dated 1879.
- - "The service on this diagram brought up to date of March 1st, 1881."
- - Originally printed 2 maps 73 x 51 cm. on sheets 76 x 54 cm., sheets joined vertically to form 1 map.
- - Prime meridian: Washington, D.C.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes explanation of mail service.
- 1 map : hand col., cloth backing ; 73 x 104 cm.
- Call Number
- G4171.P8 1881 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4171p ct003096 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4171p.ct003096
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.