Maps Map of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Map of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Bridgens, H. F. (Henry F.)
- Subject Headings
- - Cumberland County (Pa.)
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Cumberland County
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Carlisle
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Carlisle
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Mechanicsburg (Cumberland County)
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Newville (Cumberland County)
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Shippensburg
- - Carlisle (Pa.)
- - Mechanicsburg (Cumberland County, Pa.)
- - Newville (Cumberland County, Pa.)
- - Shippensburg (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Cumberland County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Carlisle
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Mechanicsburg (Cumberland County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Newville (Cumberland County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Shippensburg
- - General-content county map showing townships, rural buildings, and householders' names; the four borough insets show real-property tracts (lots), lot numbers (Carlisle inset only), and landowners' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize township/borough boundaries and territories.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1858 by H.F. Bridgens in the ... Eastern District of the State of Pennsylvania."
- - The map folds to 36 panels within 2 separate cover panels of marbelized stiff paper one of which has a printed adhesive label affixed: Library of Congress, Chap. 29 (number in lead-pencil), No., United States of America.
- - LC copy imperfect: Original sheets sectioned to 36 panels to enable folding, torn at fold lines, brittle, cloth hemmed, copyright adhesive label affixed to recto. DLC
- - Includes notes, distance table, tabular post-office directory, county statistical table, index of Carlisle borough landowners' names, and illustration of county courthouse.
- - Borough insets: Plan of Newville -- Plan of Shippensburg -- Plan of the Borough of Mechanicsburg / surveyed by H.F. Bridgens -- Plan of Carlisle / by H.F. Bridgens.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 733
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 110 x 153 cm, folded to 27 x 20 cm
- Call Number
- G3823.C9 1858 .B7
- G3823.C9 1858 .B7 Copy 2 On two folded sheets, wrinkled, fold-lined, trimmed.
- G3823.C9 1858 .B7 Copy 3 On two sheets, laminated, not colored, halved to enable folding.
- C3823.C9 1858 .B7 Copy 4 Has marbelized paper covers with Library of Congress label affixed: Smithsonian deposit, Chap. 4, Shelf 3286 (numbers in lead-pencil), annotated in lead-pencil on cloth backing.
- G3823.C9 1858 .B7 Copy 5 also has marbelized cover panels but no label affixed, annotated in ink on cloth backing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3823c la000733 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3823c.la000733
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.