Maps Colton's railroad & township map of the state of New York : with parts of the adjoining states & Canada /
Colton, J. H.
Administrative and Political Divisions
New York (State)
- Colton's railroad & township map of the state of New York : with parts of the adjoining states & Canada /
- Other Title
- Colton's railroad and township map of the state of New York
- Railroad & township map of the state of New York
- Township map of the state of New York
- colton's railroad and township map of the state of new york
- railroad & township map of the state of new york
- township map of the state of new york
- Contributor Names
- Colton, J. H. 1800-1893. (Joseph Hutchins),
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--New York (State)
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions
- - New York (State)
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize state boundaries and county areas.
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1852 by J.H. Colton in ... the Southern Dist. of N. York."
- - LC copy imperfect: Darkened on verso at fold lines, adhesive label affixed to cover. DLC
- - Signed in ink on inside of cover: Millard Fillmore, July 26 1853. DLC
- - Includes population statistical table and embellished map border (flowers, berries, leaves, tendrils).
- - Publisher's printed map list on inside of cover.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored ; 59 x 71 cm, folded in red pressboard cover 15 x 9 cm.
- Call Number
- G3801.P3 1852 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3801p fi000001 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3801p.fi000001
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division