Maps A new map of Ayr Shire comprehending Kyle, Cunningham & Carrick : the scale one inch to a mile /
Captain Armstrong and Son
Early Works to 1800
- A new map of Ayr Shire comprehending Kyle, Cunningham & Carrick : the scale one inch to a mile /
- Other Title
- New map of Ayrshire comprehending Kyle, Cunningham & Carrick
- new map of ayrshire comprehending kyle, cunningham & carrick
- Contributor Names
- Captain Armstrong and Son.
- Created / Published
- [England? : s.n., 1960?]
- Subject Headings
- - Ayrshire (Scotland)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Ayr (Scotland)--Maps--Early works to 1800--Facsimiles
- - Scotland--Ayrshire
- - Scotland--Ayr
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Facsimile.
- - Original version: [Norfolk, England? : s.n], 1775. Pyle sculp., Angel Court, Snow Hill, London. "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, January 10th 1775."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes, inset "Plan of the town of Ayr", and dedication statement by "A. & M. Armstrong".
- 1 map on 6 sheets : laminated, cloth backing ; 110 x 150 cm., sheets 55 x 61 cm.
- Call Number
- G5773.A9 1775 .C3 1960
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5773a ct002160 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5773a.ct002160
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.