A new & accurate map of Scotland or North Britain : drawn from surveys and most approved maps and charts & regulated by astronom'l observ's : with several improvm'ts not to be found in any other map extant /
- A new & accurate map of Scotland or North Britain : drawn from surveys and most approved maps and charts & regulated by astronom'l observ's : with several improvm'ts not to be found in any other map extant /
- Translated Title
- New and accurate map of Scotland or North Britain
- Contributor Names
- Bowen, Emanuel, -1767.
- Created Published
- [London : s.n., 1752]
- Subject Headings
- - Scotland
- - Scotland.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings in local area.
- - Hand col. to emphasize shire boundaries.
- - Watermark indecipherable.
- - Plate removed from Bowen's Complete atlas, or, distinct view of the known world. London, 1752.
- - Phillips 614, no. 6
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Horizontally fold-lined, torn at fold line, detached atlas plate, adhesive label affixed to verso. DLC
- - Includes text, notes, Shetland Islands inset, tabular directory of shires, directory of parliamentary boroughs, and embellished title cartouche.
- - In lower margin: No. 8.
- 1 Map : Hand Col. ; 41 X 34 Cm.
- Call Number
- G5770 1752 .B6
- Copy 2 not hand col. (black-and-white).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g5770 ct002166a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5770.ct002166a
- g5770 ct002166b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g5770.ct002166b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.