Maps Kujang chʻŏnsang yŏlchʻa punya chido.
Charts, Diagrams, Etc
- Kujang chʻŏnsang yŏlchʻa punya chido.
- Other Title
- 舊藏 天象 列次 分野 之圖.
- Old Sky Chart Showing Rank and Distribution of Stars
- old sky chart showing rank and distribution of stars
- Created / Published
- Korea : [s.n.], 
- Subject Headings
- - Astronomy--Charts, diagrams, etc
- - Universe
- - Originally engraved in a stone stele in A.D. 1395.
- - Several Korean scholars studied the chart and estimated the observational epoch of the stars dating between B.C. 1C and A.D. 6C. Changbom Park found that the epoch of the stars in chart is combined from the first and fourteenth centuries. Most stars with declination lower than 50 degrees represent the night sky of the first century, the era of Koguryo, while stars located higher than 50 degrees are positioned to represent the epoch close to the fourteenth century, the era of early Chosŏn dynasty.
- - Dealer: Martayan Lan, New York
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisition contol no. 2013-021
- 1 map : hand col. ; 35 cm. diam., on sheet 62 x 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G3190 1777 .K8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3190 ct003823 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3190.ct003823
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.