Maps Map of Cortland County, New York : from actual surveys /
Browne, P. J.
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Cities and Towns
Cortland County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Map of Cortland County, New York : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Browne, P. J.
- Smith, Eneas.
- Shields, J. B.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Subject Headings
- - Cortland County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Cortland County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Cortland County--Maps
- - Cortland (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Homer (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York--Cortland County
- - United States--New York--Cortland
- - United States--New York--Homer
- - General-content county map showing rural buildings and householders' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC land ownership maps, 489
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, originally printed on multiple sheets (later conjoined), fold-lined, sectioned to 6 panels to enable folding.
- - Includes business directories, embellished border (Amerindian, farm animals), and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Ancillary street-maps: Cortland -- Cincinnatus -- Marathon-Village -- Truxton -- Homer -- McGrawville.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : mounted on linen, hand colored ; 114 x 87 cm, folded to 75 x 45 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.C9 1855 .B7
- G3803.C9 1855 .B7 Copy 2 Hand colored, not mounted on backing, printed on 2 folded sheets 71 x 120 cm and 76 x 92 cm, signed in ink on verso: From Robert Pearsall Smith, Philadelphia, No. 182, Deposited August 1855.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803c la000489 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803c.la000489
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.