Maps Map of Dutchess Co., New York : from actual surveys /
Bachman, Chas. (Charles)
Corey, G. H.
Gillette, John E.
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Cities and Towns
Dutchess County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Map of Dutchess Co., New York : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Bachman, Chas. (Charles)
- Corey, G. H.
- Gillette, John E.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Dutchess County--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Dutchess County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Dutchess County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Dutchess County--Maps
- - Dutchess County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York--Dutchess County
- - County map showing rural buildings, householders' names, and unidentified large land tracts (some numbered, some with owner's name, some with acreage).
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Printed in northern/southern segments.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 492
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes statistical table, 33 village insets (not including Poughkeepsie city), local business directories, and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - LC copy imperfect: Rubber-stamped "U.S.C. & G. Survey Library", missing small sections along lower edge of northern sheet, sheets halved to enable folding, annotated in lead-pencil on cloth backing: Old stat [sic] maps of N.Y.
- - 5 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth backing ; 148 x 104 cm, sheets 87 x 54 cm, folded to 87 x 57 cm and 78 x 53 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.D8G46 1858 .B3
- G3803.D8G46 1858 .B3 Copy 2 on 2 sheets, hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and incorporated villages, mounted on cloth backing.
- G3803.D8G46 1858 .B3 Copy 3 on 2 sheets, fold-lined, hand colored to emphasize town boundaries and village areas, plain paper sheets not mounted on cloth backing, annotated in ink/lead-pencil handwriting (by Robert Pearsall Smith/Philadelphia) on verso.
- G3803.D8G46 1858 .B3 Copy 4 on 2 sheets, hand colored to emphasize town boundaries, mounted on cloth backing.
- G3803.D8G46 1858 .B3 Copy 5 on 1 plain paper sheet containing only the village/city insets, the principal part of the map (covering the county) is missing, not hand colored, fold-lined, rubber-stamped by "U.S.C. & G. Survey Library and Archives", not mounted on cloth backing, originally printed on 2 sheets (now conjoined in opposite orientation).
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803d la000492 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803d.la000492
- g3803d la002144 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803d.la002144
- g3803d la002144b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803d.la002144b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.