Maps World War 2 in the North Sea area / Training Aids.
- World War 2 in the North Sea area / Training Aids.
- Other Title
- World War Two in the North Sea area
- Contributor Names
- United States. Bureau of Naval Personnel. Training Aids.
- United States. Bureau of Naval Personnel. Educational Services Section.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Distributed by the Educational Services Section, Bureau of Naval Personnel, Navy Dept., 
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--North Sea Region--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Europe--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--North Sea Region--Aerial operations, American--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Europe--Aerial operations, American--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--North Sea Region--Naval operations, American--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--Europe--Naval operations, American--Maps
- - World War, 1939-1945--North Sea Region--Aerial views
- - World War, 1939-1945--Europe--Aerial views
- - North Sea Region
- - Europe
- Pictorial maps
- Aerial views
- Military maps
- - Covers northwestern Europe (North Sea region) including Iceland, northern Russia, Germany, northern France, and intervening land and sea areas.
- - Shows aircraft invasion routes from U.S./U.K., German invasion route of Norway, principal areas bombed by the Allies, principal areas of naval engagements, Allied air bases, Allied naval bases, and German targeted facilities.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Pictorial map drawn to resemble a long-distance northward perspective aerial view from outer space.
- - Printed by "*U.S. Government Printing Office : 1944--O-566403".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes chronology of military operations and coverage map (inset).
- - "Nav. Pers 100046."
- 1 map on 2 sheets : col., cloth backing ; 98 x 145 cm., sheets 102 x 76 cm., folded to 51 x 76 cm.
- Call Number
- G9112.N6S7 1943 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.