Maps Map of state land tract, Greene Co. / done pursuant to law, Simeon DeWitt, Surveyor Gen'l.
New York (State)
- Map of state land tract, Greene Co. / done pursuant to law, Simeon DeWitt, Surveyor Gen'l.
- Contributor Names
- Cockburn, Jas.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Greene County--Surveys
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - Land grants--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Greene County
- - Blueprint copy of manuscript survey map of real property and land grants in central Greene County (N.Y.).
- - Shows tract numbers, acreages, line measurements in chains, line declinations in degrees/minutes, and names of owners/grantees of some tracts.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - "Copy of Map No. 11, in Office of Secretary of State, and Map No. 261, in Office of State Engineer, with number of acres in subdivisions taken from Field Book No. 22, pp. 1 and 17, in Office of Secretary of State."
- - "Copied by Wm. H. Sanger, and filed in Comptroller's Office Sept. 30, 1874. Henry Gallien, LADComp."
- - In later hand on the original: Copied Dec. 1910 by F.A. Gaylord, F.F. & S. Commission.
- - LC copy imperfect: Use-worn, fold-lined.
- - LC land ownership maps, 499
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC blueprint accompanied by photostat copy on 6 sheets (annotated to give additional information).
- 1 map : photocopy ; 81 x 164 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.G7G46 1809 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803g la000499 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803g.la000499
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.