Maps Jefferson County, New York : from actual surveys /
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Cities and Towns
Jefferson County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Jefferson County, New York : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Levey, Morris.
- Shields, J. B.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Subject Headings
- - Jefferson County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Jefferson County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Jefferson County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Jefferson County--Maps
- - Watertown (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Watertown--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Jefferson County
- - United States--New York (State)--Watertown
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names. Watertown city inset shows wards, buildings, larger real-property tracts (not residential lots), and some landowners' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries and areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Printed in northern/southern segments.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, originally printed on 4 sheets (later conjoined), present sheets halved to enable folding.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 502
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes inset "Plan of Watertown", 17 village insets, list of "Subscribers", local business directories, and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : mounted on cloth backing, hand colored, laminated ; 137 x 142 cm, sheets 69 x 142 cm, folded to 66 x 69 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.J4 1855 .L4
- G3803.J4 1855 .L4 Copy 2 On 6 sheets, shellacked, darkened, wrinkled, cloth hemmed on outer edges, annotated in gray wash lettering "Jefferson N.Y." on cloth backing, printed adhesive label "Jefferson" affixed to cloth backing of title sheet.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.