Maps Map of Broome County, New York /
Broome County (N.Y.)
Cities and Towns
New York (State)
- Map of Broome County, New York /
- Contributor Names
- Gifford, Franklin.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : A.O. Gallup & Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Broome County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Broome County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Broome County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Broome County--Maps
- - Binghamton (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Binghamton--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Binghamton--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Broome County
- - United States--New York (State)--Binghamton
- - General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas and householders' names; the Binghamton inset shows lot lines, building coverage, and some owners' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town (township) boundaries.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the Year 1855 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, fold-lined, mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 476
- - Includes notes, county statistical table, distance table, inset "Map of Binghamton" city, 16 village insets, local business directories, and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map : color ; 95 x 132 cm, folded to 53 x 79 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.B7 1855 .G5
- G3803.B7 1855 .G5 Copy 2 On 3 sheets, not on cloth backing, fold-lined.
- G3803.B7 1855 .G5 Copy 3 On 3 sheets, not on cloth backing, brittle, torn, annotated in ink handwriting on verso.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803b la000476 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803b.la000476
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.