Maps Map of New Castle County, Delaware : from actual surveys & recotds /
- Map of New Castle County, Delaware : from actual surveys & recotds /
- Contributor Names
- G.M. Hopkins & Co.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : G.M. Hopkins & Co., 1881
- Subject Headings
- - New Castle County (Del.)
- - Landowners--Delaware--New Castle County
- - Cities and towns--Delaware--New Castle County
- - Villages--Delaware--New Castle County
- - Real property--Delaware--Delaware City
- - Real property--Delaware--New Castle
- - Real property--Delaware--Newark--Maps
- - Real property--Delaware--Newport
- - Real property--Delaware--Odessa
- - Wilmington (Del.)
- - Delaware City (Del.)
- - New Castle (Del.)
- - Newark (Del.)
- - Newport (Del.)
- - Odessa (Del.)
- - United States--Delaware--New Castle County
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware City
- - United States--Delaware--New Castle
- - United States--Delaware--Newark
- - United States--Delaware--Newport
- - United States--Delaware--Odessa
- - General-content county map showing hundreds (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names; city insets (save Wilmington) show real-property tracts (lots), building coverage, and some owners' names.
- - Hand col. to emphasize city/hundred boundaries and Wilmington city wards.
- - Delaware River estuary depths shown by form lines.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1881 by G.M. Hopkins in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington."
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, shellacked, cracked, darkened, originally printed on separate sheets later conjoined on cloth backing.
- - Includes "Census of Delaware" population table, road distance table, 13 city/town insets (including Wilmington, Delaware City, New Castle, Newark, Newport, Odessa), and local business directories (advertisements).
- - LC Land ownership maps, 71
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col., cloth backing ; 160 x 123 cm., sheets 43 x 63 cm.
- Call Number
- G3833.N4 1881 .G2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3833n la000071 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3833n.la000071
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.