Maps Map of Marion County, South Carolina, a complete map showing the townships, public roads & principle residences, besides other things not found on any other map of the county - original survey made by Harlee about 1815 : enlarged and improved May 1882 by P.Y. Bethea ; Marion District, South Carolina /
Bethea, P. Y.
Marion County (S.C.)
- Map of Marion County, South Carolina, a complete map showing the townships, public roads & principle residences, besides other things not found on any other map of the county - original survey made by Harlee about 1815 : enlarged and improved May 1882 by P.Y. Bethea ; Marion District, South Carolina /
- Contributor Names
- Bethea, P. Y.
- Harlee, Thomas.
- Subject Headings
- - Marion County (S.C.)--Maps
- - Real property--South Carolina--Marion County--Maps
- - Landowners--South Carolina--Marion County--Maps
- - United States--South Carolina--Marion County
- Cadastral maps
- - Shows names of landowners.
- - Relief shown by contours.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1882 by P.Y. Bethea in the Office of the Librarian of Congress at Washington D.C." - From Map of Marion County, South Carolina.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- - LC copy imperfect: Discoloration along fold-lines and top right corner, brittle, and minor losses along edges.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 839
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 2 maps on 1 sheet : both sides ; 48 x 34 and 53 x 43 cm
- Call Number
- G3913.M3 1882 .B42
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.