Maps Introduction a la géographie: carte des diverses positions de la sphere, des systhèmes de l'Univers, des planettes, des eclypses &. /
Delafosse, Jean Baptiste
Delamarche, Charles François
Robert De Vaugondy, Didier
Active 2nd Century
Early Works to 1800
- Introduction a la géographie: carte des diverses positions de la sphere, des systhèmes de l'Univers, des planettes, des eclypses &. /
- Other Title
- Carte des diverses positions de la sphere, des systhèmes de l'Univers, des planettes, des eclypses &.
- Contributor Names
- Delafosse, Jean-Baptiste, 1721-1806.
- Delamarche, Charles François, 1740-1817.
- Robert de Vaugondy, Didier (1726-1786).
- Subject Headings
- - Ptolemy,--active 2nd century
- - Copernicus, Nicolaus,--1473-1543
- - Brahe, Tycho,--1546-1601
- - Descartes, René,--1596-1650
- - Armillary spheres--Early works to 1800
- - Celestial sphere--Early works to 1800
- - Spherical astronomy
- - Universe
- - Appears in Didier Robert de Vaugondy's Atlas d'étude, pour l'instruction de la jeunesse, composé de trente-cinq cartes. A Paris : Chez C.F. Delamarche, Géographe, rue du Foin S. Jacques, au Collège de Me. Gervais, 1797.
- - Includes "Sphere Armillaire oblique," "Globe celeste", "Globe terrestre", and diagrams of systems by Ptolemy, Copernicus, Tycho Brahe and Descartes; diagrams of solar and lunar eclipses and 12 illustrations of planets, etc., and descriptive texts.
- - Includes text and illustrations.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy stamped twice in blue ink in lower left margin: 56.
- - LC copy imperfect: Margins trimmed. Missing partial border on left edge, mounted on cloth.
- 1 chart ; 39 x 67 cm
- Call Number
- G3190 1791 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3190 ct003794 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3190.ct003794
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: from Galileo to Sagan and Beyond
Geography and Map Division