Maps Partie meridionale de l'Inde en deux presqu'isles l'une de ç̧à et l'autre de là le Gange /
Early Works to 1800
- Partie meridionale de l'Inde en deux presqu'isles l'une de ç̧à et l'autre de là le Gange /
- Contributor Names
- Sanson, Nicolas, 1600-1667.
- Somer, J., engraver.
- Created / Published
- A Paris : Chez l'Autheur, 1654.
- Subject Headings
- - India--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Southeast Asia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - India
- - Southeast Asia
- Early maps
- - Shows India south of the tropic of Cancer and Southeast Asia, including Indochina, Sumatra, and western Borneo.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Coordinates given from an unidentified prime meridian.
- - Appears in his Cartes generales de toutes les parties du monde, 1658.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy hand colored.
- 1 map ; 36 x 51 cm
- Call Number
- G7650 1654 .S22
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.