Maps Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York /
- Map of Cayuga and Seneca counties, New York /
- Contributor Names
- Gray, Ormando Willis.
- Subject Headings
- - Cayuga County (N.Y.)
- - Seneca County (N.Y.)
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Cayuga County
- - Landowners--New Yrok (State)--Seneca County
- - Auburn (N.Y.)
- - Seneca Falls (N.Y.)
- - Waterloo (N.Y.)
- - Real property--New York (State)--Auburn
- - Real property--New York (State)--Seneca Falls
- - Real property--New York (State)--Waterloo
- - United States--New York (State)--Cayuga County
- - United States--New York (State)--Seneca County
- - United States--New York (State)--Auburn
- - United States--New York (State)--Seneca Falls
- - United States--New York (State)--Waterloo
- - General content county map showing towns (townships), numbered town sections, and rural buildings with householders' names. The city insets also show individual buildings and lot/tract lines (but not landowners' names).
- - Hand colored to emphasize towns, incorporated villages/cities, and insets.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Assist. publishers I.D. Peck, S. Willard Treat, A.Y. Peck, C.O. Titus, J.H.C. Dawson, L.G. Dawson."
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress by John E. Gillette in the year 1859 in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, missing small internal sections, both sheets thirded to enable folding, mounted on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 479
- - Includes distance table, local business directories, numerous insets of cities/villages (including the cities of Auburn, Seneca Falls, Waterloo), and illustrations of prominent buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color ; 148 x 147 cm, folded to 79 x 51 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.C3 1859 .G7
- G3803.C3 1859 .G7 Copy 2 has only the town boundaries hand colored, the insets are not colored, also on 2 sheets.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803c la000479a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803c.la000479a
- g3803c la000479b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803c.la000479b
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.