Maps Map of Greene County, N.Y. : from actual surveys /
Cities and Towns
Greene County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Map of Greene County, N.Y. : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Geil, Samuel.
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Greene County--Maps
- - Greene County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Catskill (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Greene County
- - United States--New York (State)--Catskill
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries and areas.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, mounted on cloth backing, pin-holed at corners, cloth-hemmed at outer edges, annotated "Greene N.Y." in gray wash on cloth backing.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 500
- - Includes 10 village insets (including Catskill), indexed local business directories, and illustrations of prominent buildings/bell.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 4 sheets: color ; 89 x 134 cm, sheets 48 x 70 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.G7 1856 .G4
- G3803.G7 1856 .G4 Copy 2 on 2 sheets, torn, soiled, annotated in lower margin, hand colored, also on cloth backing.
- G3803.G7 1856 .G4 Copy 3 on 3 sheets, fold-lined, hand colored, not on cloth backing.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803g la000500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803g.la000500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.