Maps Gillette's map of Livingston Co., New York : from actual surveys /
French, J. H.
Cities and Towns
Livingston County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Gillette's map of Livingston Co., New York : from actual surveys /
- Other Title
- Map of Livingston Co., New York
- Contributor Names
- French, J. H. 1824-1888. (John Homer),
- Subject Headings
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Livingston County
- - Real property--New York (State)--Livingston County
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Livingston County
- - Villages--New York (State)--Livingston County
- - Livingston County (N.Y.)
- - Geneseo (N.Y.)
- - Dansville (N.Y.)
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Geneseo
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Dansville
- - United States--New York (State)--Livingston County
- - United States--New York (State)--Geneseo
- - United States--New York (State)--Dansville
- - County map showing towns (townships), numbered town subsections, irregular real-property tracts, rural buildings, and householders' names; the village insets (including Geneseo and Dansville) also show building coverage, lot/tract lines, and occupants' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Printed in northern/southern segments.
- - LC copy imperfect: Brittle, mounted on cloth backing, fold-lined, both sheets thirded to enable folding. DLC
- - LC Land ownership maps, 515
- - Includes distance table, local business directories, 23 village street insets, and illustrations of principal buildings.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 2 sheets : color ; 151 x 150 cm, sheets 77 x 152 cm and 77 x 153 cm, folded to 77 x 52 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.L5G46 1858 .F7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803l la000515 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803l.la000515
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.