Maps Map of Franklin Co., New York : from actual surveys.
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Taintor, Dawson & Co.
Fort Covington (N.Y.)
Franklin County (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Map of Franklin Co., New York : from actual surveys.
- Contributor Names
- Taintor, Dawson & Co.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Taintor, Dawson & Co., publishrs, 
- Subject Headings
- - Franklin County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Franklin County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Franklin County--Maps
- - Malone (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Fort Covington (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Malone--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Fort Covington--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Franklin County
- - United States--New York (State)--Malone
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Covington
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), some towns with numbered sectional divisions, rural buildings, and householders' names.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries and areas.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern district of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets (northern/southern).
- - LC copy imperfect: Shellacked, darkened, brittle, mounted on cloth backing, sectioned to 6 sheets, missing small edge sections.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 496
- - Includes county statistical table, local business directories, and 14 city/village street insets (including Malone and Fort Covington) with householders' names.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map on 6 sheets : color ; 157 x 108 cm, sheets 53 x 56 cm and 53 x 57 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.F7 1858 .T3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.