Maps Map of Tioga County, New York : from actual surveys /
Marsh, E. D.
Smith, Robert Pearsall
Cities and Towns
New York (State)
Tioga County (N.Y.)
- Map of Tioga County, New York : from actual surveys /
- Contributor Names
- Geil, Samuel.
- Marsh, E. D.
- Smith, Robert Pearsall, 1827-1898.
- Subject Headings
- - Tioga County (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Tioga County--Maps
- - Cities and towns--New York (State)--Tioga County--Maps
- - Villages--New York (State)--Tioga County--Maps
- - Owego (N.Y.)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Owego--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Owego--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Tioga County
- - United States--New York (State)--z Owego
- - General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names; the Owego city inset shows real property, residential lots, lot lines, owners' names, and building coverage.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored to emphasize town boundaries.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1855 by Robert Pearsall Smith in the ... Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- - Originally printed on 2 sheets.
- - LC copy imperfect: Slightly sun-darkened, mounted on cloth backing, quartered to enable folding, fold-lined before mounting.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 567
- - Includes statistical tables, indexed Owego business directory, 12 village insets (with householders' names), illustrations of prominent buildings, and embellished border (animals, crop plants, agricultural produce).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map : color ; 144 x 104 cm, folded to 76 x 53 cm
- Call Number
- G3803.T5 1855 .G4
- G3803.T5 1855 .G4 Copy 2 on 2 sheets, also hand colored, fold-lined, torn at fold lines, taped, annotated in pencil and ink on verso: From RPSmith Phila. No. 259. Depositied Septr. 14th 1855 by R.P. Smith, Propr.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.