Maps Map of the town of Niagara /
W. Berggoetz & Co.
New York (State)
Niagara (N.Y. : Town)
Niagara Falls (N.Y.)
- Map of the town of Niagara /
- Contributor Names
- Witmer, Tobias, 1816-1897.
- W. Berggoetz & Co.
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--New York (State)--Niagara (Town)--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--Niagara Falls--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Niagara (Town)--Maps
- - Landowners--New York (State)--Niagara Falls--Maps
- - Niagara (N.Y. : Town)--Maps
- - Niagara Falls (N.Y.)--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Niagara (Town)
- - United States--New York (State)--Niagara Falls
- - Township cadastral map showing original survey lots/lines/numbers, contemporary property tracts/lines/numbers, tract acreages, and landowners' names.
- - Also covers the present-day area of the City of Niagara Falls (N.Y.).
- - Relief shown by hachures and rock drawings.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress, A.D. 1854, by Tobias Witmer, in the ... Northern District of New York."
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, torn at fold lines, darkened.
- - Includes illustrations of the falls and the suspension bridge.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- 1 map ; 60 x 75 cm
- Call Number
- G3804.N69G46 1854 .W5
- G3804.N69G46 1854 .W5 Copy 2 Mounted on cloth backing, halved to enable folding to 65 x 41 cm, annotated in upside-down dark ink handwriting: Map Town of Niagara by Tobias Witmer.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804n la002090 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804n.la002090
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.