Film, Video Carl Sagan home movies of childhood
Childhood and Youth
Homes and Haunts
- Carl Sagan home movies of childhood
- Other Title
- carl sagan--home movies
- A series of short silent home movie clips from Carl Sagan's parents (Sam and Rachel) and family documenting his childhood and youth. A young Carl Sagan is seen playing the piano and playing outside with his sister Cari, and other children. Other clips document trips to the beach and horseback riding.
- Created / Published
- 1940s & 50s
- Subject Headings
- - Sagan, Carl
- - Childhood
- - Family life
- - videorecording
- - A series of short silent home movie clips from Carl Sagan's parents and family documenting his childhood and youth. A young Carl Sagan is seen playing the piano and playing outside. Other clips document trips to the beach and horse back riding. The movies were transferred from film to a tape likely in the early 1980s.
- Video Tape
- Source Collection
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive is protected by copyright. Permission to use these materials must be obtained from Ann Druyan or her designee.
The Library of Congress is displaying materials from The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive for educational and research purposes only. The Library of Congress does not own the rights to the materials in this collection and, therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Materials constituting this collection are protected by copyright. Privacy and publicity rights also apply. The written permission of Ann Druyan (or her designee) or other copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items to the extent required by law. Responsibility for securing permissions rests with persons desiring to use the items. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
Although the Estate of Carl E. Sagan has granted the Library a license to exhibit the materials, lend the materials, and digitize the materials for display on the Library.s website, this license does not extend to other parties. In addition, other third party rights may apply. In some cases, the Library has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. Infringement or violations of copyright may result in monetary fines or criminal prosecution.
Access: Physical access to the collection materials is permitted in the Manuscript Reading Room, subject to Library policy.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.