Books M. Blundeuile his exercises : containing eight treatises, the titles whereof are set down in the next printed page : which treatises are very necessarie to be read and learned of all young gentlemen, that haue not beene exercised in such disciplines, and yet are desirous to haue knowledge as well in cosmographie, astronomie, and geographie, as also in the art of nauigation, in which art it is impossible to profite without the helpe of these, or such like instructions : to the furtherance of which art of nauigation, the said M. Blundeuile specially wrote the said treatises ...
Articles and Essays with this item:
Early Works to 1800
Early Works to 1900
- M. Blundeuile his exercises : containing eight treatises, the titles whereof are set down in the next printed page : which treatises are very necessarie to be read and learned of all young gentlemen, that haue not beene exercised in such disciplines, and yet are desirous to haue knowledge as well in cosmographie, astronomie, and geographie, as also in the art of nauigation, in which art it is impossible to profite without the helpe of these, or such like instructions : to the furtherance of which art of nauigation, the said M. Blundeuile specially wrote the said treatises ...
- Other Title
- M. Blvndevile his exercises
- M. Blundevile his exercises
- Contributor Names
- Blundeville, Thomas, active 1561.
- Created / Published
- London : Imprinted by William Stansby, 1613.
- Subject Headings
- - Astronomy--Early works to 1800
- - Arithmetic--Early works to 1900
- - Trigonometry--Tables
- - Early maps
- - England--London
- - Each treatise, except that on arithmetic, has a special title page.
- - Signatures: A-3B⁸ 3C⁸(-C5,6,7,8+chi⁴) 3D-3E⁸.
- - The chi cancellans signed "Bbb3", "Bbb4".
- - Pages 761-768 on cancellans foliated 371, 372, 375, 374.
- - Kraus, H.P. Sir Francis Drake, no. 36
- - STC (2nd ed.) 3149
- - One of the folded plates is a table.
- - Mounted ill. on p. 775.
- - Three volvelles (p. 315, 720, 744).
- - LC copy imperfect: one volvelle is wanting its pointer.
- - LC copy has inscriptions: William Leeson, Danil. Kyrk 1667, C. Command 1634, Tho Morley, Mr. [?]watt 1800, Mrs. Thompson 1820, M. Markfisher, Elth. Thompson. Dealer's description mounted on p.  of cover; H.P. Kraus description, laid in. An additional detached copy of p. 719-177 laid in.
- - LC copy is gift of Hans P. and Hanni Kraus.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- - Special Files Project; vb59 11-19-2007
- , 799,  p. (1st leaf blank),  folded leaves of plates : ill., 1 map (woodcuts) ; 20 cm. (4to)
- Call Number
- QB41 .B598
- QB41 .B598 Copy 2 Has inscriptions: J.R. Jarvis 1867, John Hudson 1739, George Wilson, Thomas Lund, John Mosey, John Greenleafe. Ms. leaf tipped onto p.  of cover. Misbound: p. 291-292 bound in between 744-745. First blank wanting. Imperfect: p. [1-4], [15-16] in front, p. 1-2, 241-290, 301-302, 309-310, 315-316, 319-354, 359-362, 367-432, 641-704, and all after p. 784 wanting. Three folded plates, mounted ill. on p. 775 and pointer of volvelle on p. 720 wanting.
- Digital Id
- rbdk d036 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbdk.d036
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.