The State of New Jersey, compiled from the most authentic information.
- The State of New Jersey, compiled from the most authentic information.
- Contributor Names
- Lewis, Samuel, 1753 or 1754-1822.
- Created Published
- [Philadelphia, M.Carey, 1795?]
- Subject Headings
- - New Jersey
- - United States--New Jersey.
- - Scale ca. 1:600,000.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Trimmed to border deleting author, engraver, and engraved for statement.
- - On verso in pencil: Compiled by Samuel Lewis. Engraved by W. Barker. Engraved for Carey's American edition of Guthrie's Geography improved.
- Map 47 X 31 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3810 1795 .L41
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3810 ct000066 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3810.ct000066
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.