Maps Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Britannorum
Articles and Essays with this item:
Homann, Johann Baptist
Middle Atlantic States
Early Works to 1800
Middle Atlantic States
- Virginia, Marylandia et Carolina in America septentrionali Britannorum
- Contributor Names
- Homann, Johann Baptist, 1663-1724.
- Created / Published
- Norimbergæ [1759?]
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Southern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States
- - United States--Southern States
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - From Homann Erben's Atlas geographicvs maior exhibens tellurem. 1753-1759 [i.e. 1781; v. 1, 1759]
- - Described in William P. Cumming's The southeast in early maps as first appearing in J. B. Homann's Atlas novus, 1714.
- - Also covers New Jersey, Southern Pennsylvania, and New York City region.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes illus.
- - Three copies.
- - Vault.
- - AACR2
- col. map 50 x 59 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1714 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 ct004489 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct004489
- g3700 ct004490 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct004490
- g3700 ct000577 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.ct000577
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.