Maps The coast of West Florida and Louisiana. The Peninsula and Gulf of Florida or Channel of Bahama with the Bahama Islands.
Early Works to 1800
Gulf Coast (Fla.)
Gulf Coast (La.)
- The coast of West Florida and Louisiana. The Peninsula and Gulf of Florida or Channel of Bahama with the Bahama Islands.
- Contributor Names
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer, map and printseller, 1775.
- Subject Headings
- - Gulf Coast (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Gulf Coast (La.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Bahamas--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Gulf Coast (Fla.)
- - United States--Gulf Coast (La.)
- - Bahamas
- - Scale ca. 1:1,390,000; marine leagues 20 in a degree.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially. Soundings shown in fathoms. "The soundings along the Florida coast, shoals, islands, and reefs are in feet."
- - Pictorial map.
- - "DG.4."
- - Two copies. Copy 1, boundaries outlined mostly in yellow. Copy 2, boundaries outlined mostly in red.
- - From the author's The American atlas.
- - On verso: [Plate no.] 24.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1608
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 48 x 123 cm.
- Call Number
- G3932.C6 1775 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3932c ar160800 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3932c.ar160800
- g3932c ar160801 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3932c.ar160801
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.