Maps Plan of Amelia Island in East Florida, north point of Amelia Island lyes in 30:55 north latitude 80:23 w. longitude from London, taken from De Brahm's Map of South Caroline & Georgia. A chart of the entrance into St. Mary's River,
De Brahm, John Gerar William
Amelia Island (Fla.)
Early Works to 1800
- Plan of Amelia Island in East Florida, north point of Amelia Island lyes in 30:55 north latitude 80:23 w. longitude from London, taken from De Brahm's Map of South Caroline & Georgia. A chart of the entrance into St. Mary's River,
- Contributor Names
- Jefferys, Thomas, -1771.
- Created / Published
- [London] T. Jefferys, 1770 [i.e. 1777]
- Subject Headings
- - Amelia Island (Fla.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Nautical charts--Florida--Amelia Island--Early works to 1800
- - Harbors--Florida--Amelia Island--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Florida--Amelia Island
- - Scales vary.
- - Relief shown pictorially and by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Hand colored.
- - From W. Faden's The North American atlas. 1777.
- - Includes notes and "A view of the entrance into St. Mary's River."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1630
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Hole in lower center.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 650/2; 650/3; 700/3
- 3 col. maps on sheet 53 x 63 cm.
- Call Number
- G3932.A4 1770 .J4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3932a ar163000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3932a.ar163000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.