A chart of Delaware Bay and River, containing a full & exact description of the shores, creeks, harbours, soundings, shoals, sands, and bearings of the most considerable land marks, from the cape to Philadelphia.
Delaware River Watershed
Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)
Delaware River Watershed
Delaware River Watershed (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
New York (State)
- A chart of Delaware Bay and River, containing a full & exact description of the shores, creeks, harbours, soundings, shoals, sands, and bearings of the most considerable land marks, from the cape to Philadelphia.
- Contributor Names
- Fisher, Joshua, 1707-1783.
- Created Published
- London, W. Faden, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)
- - Nautical charts--Delaware River Watershed (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)
- - Delaware River Watershed (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay.
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay.
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River Watershed.
- - United States--New York (State)--Delaware River Watershed.
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River Watershed.
- - Scale ca. 1:280,000.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Includes text and "Tide table."
- - Accompanied by: Directions for navigating up Delaware-Bay from the capes to Reedy-Island by Capt. James Campbell. 2 p.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1355
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Map 48 X 69 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3832.D4P5 1776 .F5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3832d ar135500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3832d.ar135500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.